[osg-users] Issue with drawing polygons

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Sun Apr 17 16:47:20 PDT 2011

On 4/17/2011 11:09 AM, Gaurav Garg wrote:
> I am trying to create osg polygon geometry with polygon mode = osg::PolygonMode::LINE. The
> issue is that line segment joining first and last point is not being drawn. This issue is
> not reprducible on all the systems. It works fine on my GTX 460 and ATI Radeon 5700
> machines. But, it is producible with other nvidia cards like Quadro 5000 or GF 310M. I
> have tried using the same driver version on nvidia machines.

  Do you need to dynamically switch between PolygonMode LINE and FILL, or are you always
doing LINEs? Because you could try using a Line Loop primitive instead of polygons.

> Has anybody faced similar issue? Any help in this regard will be grateful.

  I have no experience with this. I know the Quadros have different line-drawing code in
their driver, because line-drawing performance is one place where all the money you pay
for a Quadro actually makes a big performance difference.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.