[osg-users] [osgPlugins] How to read/write/access OpenFlight Surface Material Code (SMC) and Feature ID (FID) ?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Apr 14 11:38:12 PDT 2011

Hi Robert,

> Do you have a link to that thread?

It started here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/65022

But I don't get why gmane seems to have broken up the thread into
multiple threads. There is more discussion here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/65115

and then here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/65155

and then here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/65274

This is all the same thread, and I think I have all of it there.

You'll see that one suggestion from Paul Martz that may apply here, is
that if you have a reliable way of identifying nodes, you can always
store a mapping of node to any data you want in a separate structure
than the scene graph. Then it doesn't interfere with the rendering
process, but is still accessible easily. This may not be what you want
if you want SMC to be inherited down the graph (the mapping will give
you a value for that specific node, if there is none you'll have to
revert to going up the graph until you find a node that has one).

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                     http://whitestar02.dyndns-web.com/