[osg-users] [osgPlugins] How to read/write/access OpenFlight Surface Material Code (SMC) and Feature ID (FID) ?

Robert Ioiart rioiart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:14:47 PDT 2011

Jean-Sébastien,

Do you have a link to that thread?

> I think there was some discussion about turning UserData into a
> container for various types of metadata... Or was that the description
> list? :-)

Anyway, I am inclined to think that there are many cases such as mine, when users want to store aditional data in the scene graph, data that won't be used for the visual scene.
In such cases it would be nice to have descriptions as one table per scene graph, and instead of storing the actual descriptions for each Node, we could just reference the entry in the description table. Just like state sets are referenced at the moment.

But I guess, something like this wouldn't be a small change to OSG...

Thanks for all the replies.

Regards,
Robert

Read this topic online here: