[osg-users] [osgPlugins] How to read/write/access OpenFlight Surface Material Code (SMC) and Feature ID (FID) ?

Robert Ioiart rioiart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:16:08 PDT 2011

Hi,

Just a small point worth mentioning... The osg::StateSet class does not have any members of type DescriptioList, at least not in OSG 2.8.3.
Only osg::Node and derived classes have a DescriptionList as far as I can tell.

So in this case, I can't add the data to the StateSet because there is no description for the StateSet. I'll use the aproch suggested by Paul and store the additional data in the DescriptionList of the Geode itself.

> J-S -- Good catch on the Optimizer issue, dropping the DescriptionList of StateSets when they become shared. Seems like a possible bug. Unexpected behavior, at the least. After all, the word "DUPLICATE" is in the name of the flag.

...so there is no bug after all :)

But having started this line of thaught don't you think that one should be able to store descriptions in the state set?

Thanks for the great feedback.

Regards,
Robert[/quote]

Read this topic online here: