[osg-users] [osgPlugins] How to read/write/access OpenFlight Surface Material Code (SMC) and Feature ID (FID) ?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Apr 14 10:03:36 PDT 2011

Hi Paul,

> J-S -- Good catch on the Optimizer issue, dropping the DescriptionList
> of StateSets when they become shared. Seems like a possible bug.
> Unexpected behavior, at the least. After all, the word "DUPLICATE" is in
> the name of the flag.

That's semantics :-) It may be argued that the Optimizer is concerned
with improving rendering performance, so checking the descriptions to
decide if two statesets are duplicates might not make sense. I guess
that's why StateSet doesn't have an operator== which could be used for
this purpose - it would be too general, and in the case of Optimizer we
just want to consider certain attributes when doing the comparison.

I think the current behavior is OK, but should be documented :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                     http://whitestar02.dyndns-web.com/