[osg-users] [osgPlugins] How to read/write/access OpenFlight Surface Material Code (SMC) and Feature ID (FID) ?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Apr 14 08:28:19 PDT 2011

Hi Robert,

> I guess I'll use the DescriptionList then. :|

You could also use the DescriptionList of the StateSet...

If the SMC follows say a texture or a material, and is generally
inherited from the top down like state attributes, that might be a way
of doing it. It won't be an actual attribute, so it won't affect state
sorting, but from a given Geode you'll be able to check statesets, going
up until you find one with the SMC in its DescriptionList, and that's
the SMC to use for that Geode.

Just a thought.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com