[osg-users] [3rdparty] Distributed rendering (was: RE: Cloud node kit)

Muhammed Kalkan kalkanikbal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:22:16 PDT 2011

Hi,

I see that we have to use another external signal networking for safe distributed rendering. There are  frame ids  printed on slave clusters, but i think it is just information about which frame the master is rendering, since there is no actual external sync signal.

By the way slave rendering machines are rendering same scene graph but how do they get simulation messages? For example if we want a car object to move in the scene, do we simply send MOVE message as broadcast to all slaves?

If that is the case , i think it is safer to move rendering machines to another subnet via switches in order to decrease messaging load on the network that other simulation components use.

How is your implementation about it and what do you think about this?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Muhammed

Read this topic online here: