[osg-users] Replacement of subtrees

Martin Haffner struct at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 00:11:27 PDT 2011

Thanks for your answer!

Well, the last 3 children of the LOD node are Geodes where each of the Geode contains about 30 to 70 Drawables. They represent a triangulated road on 3 LOD (high, mid, low poly count).
When the user edits the road I have to retessellate and create new vertices. Thus I have to delete all old Drawables (of all 3 Geodes) and add the new Drawables (with the new Vertices).
I just fear that all the delete and new calls may be slow and I wonder if there is a better way to do this.

Read this topic online here: