[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph 2.8.4 stable release

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Mon Apr 11 12:10:46 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

>    I'd love some help from others in getting together an announcement, and doing all the
> other steps necessary for finalizing the release.

I just started this:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/News/Press/OSG2.8.4

Have a look. The parts I'm not sure about are the "Skew Matrix is
pleased to announce..." and "The 2.8.4 release is funded in part by Skew
Matrix..." - Paul helped you with the commits, but I'm not sure he
funded it, so it's probably incorrect, but I'm not sure what to put instead.

The rest (after the first part with the change list, so from "Downloads
and Licensing" down) I haven't touched at all from the 2.8.3 press
release, apart from a quick blurb about the new OSG Beginner's Guide
book. Have a look to make sure it's all still accurate...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                     http://whitestar02.dyndns-web.com/