[osg-users] Replacement of subtrees

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Mon Apr 11 08:43:42 PDT 2011

On 4/11/2011 9:15 AM, Martin Haffner wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a scenegraph with an LOD node which has 5 children:
> The first child is a Geode and 1 Drawable.
> The second child a group node with many matrix transform children where each matrix transform node has one child of type ProxyNode.
> The children 3 to 5 are Geode's which contain several Drawables (about 30 to 70).
> Now I have to update the matrix transform nodes and the Drawables every frame. I wonder what would be the best approach to accomplish this? Is it possible to keep the Drawables and just change it's content or could this be problematic in conjunction with multithreaded rendering? Or should I just delete the Drawables and create new Drawables every frame?

  Is this stuff where you're actually creating/deleting nodes, or could you just use
switches, multiswitches or nodemasks to turn on and off nodes?

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.