[osg-users] Barenaked FBO-based-Viewer without window

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Sat Apr 9 08:39:52 PDT 2011

On 4/9/2011 5:08 AM, Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
> Yes, if you have an onscreen context already you can use FBOs to do RTT passes which you
> then use in a final onscreen pass.
> So that's what I meant - if your OpenGL app already creates a context, there's no reason
> to create one (pbuffer or otherwise) just to be able to use FBOs, you could create your
> FBOs in the existing context.

  Ok, I think I get it then. So, I'll just use the PBuffer code path I always have, and
set osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT and that should be the proper approach?

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.