[osg-users] Barenaked FBO-based-Viewer without window

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Sat Apr 9 04:08:55 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

>> In any case, to use FBOs you need a context, one way or the other.
>
>    I'm going to have to go back and read up on my reference material again. I thought for
> sure there was supposed to be a way to use FBOs without pbuffers.

Yes, if you have an onscreen context already you can use FBOs to do RTT
passes which you then use in a final onscreen pass.

So that's what I meant - if your OpenGL app already creates a context,
there's no reason to create one (pbuffer or otherwise) just to be able
to use FBOs, you could create your FBOs in the existing context.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                     http://whitestar02.dyndns-web.com/