[osg-users] OSG plugin for browsers

Leo Salom leosamu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:03:54 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am part of the gvsig3d team.  We had problems with our plugging and using
different browsers, specially in linux, because we did not want to develop
using static compilation (the only way to get it running in linux we had)
because Firerfox give us problems loading the plugging dependencies.

We also tried using Firebreath, is a promising framework for web pluggings but
again the Linux version give us problems this time due to the canvas that
Firebreath returns to us was  not capable to render OSG. I don't know if
they fixed this already.

Finally we moved to WebGL, the problem with WebGL is that is based in
javascript. That means that if you want to use your c++ code, you must port
it to javascript first. If you are interested in WebGL development check
osgjs and the closure library.

Finally we didnt release the code because it was somehow very unstable, If
you want to continue with the plugging development we can send you our
source code, but we think is a dead end for us.

Best regards.

Leonardo Salom Muñoz
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial  http://www.ai2.upv.es
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com