[osg-users] [vpb] osgdem .asc file seems to build terrain backwards?

tim paige tim.paige at cox.net
Thu Apr 7 14:48:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've come to the conclusion that osgdem is the culprit for "backwardizing" the resulting 3d ive model for what once was my ".asc" file.

I've tried a number of conversions to different projections and osgdem refuses to display the correct orientation of any of my non-geocentric attempts.

I've also tried a number of viewers for the original .asc and resulting geoTiff files, and they display them correctly, so I cannot fault the files. However I still cannot get one of them to display correctly without specifying geocentricity. So one would think if a viewer could do it.... so could I.

I will still tinker... at least doing things with so many parameter changes to inputs for conversions has made me slightly wiser about what it going on under the hood.

For now... La Jolla is north of Los Angeles...

I hope I can find the errors of my ways... I would love to find what osgdem may want in order to generate my supposedly good data correctly in an ive model.

Cheers to you all,
tim

Read this topic online here: