[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.8.4-rc3 now tagged

Jason Daly jdaly at ist.ucf.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:39:08 PDT 2011

On 04/06/2011 10:43 PM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:
> http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.4-rc3
>
>    This is intended to be the final 2.8.4. It now builds successfully on VS2010, and the
> ffmpeg changes Robert put in have been tested on Windows.
>
>    We need testing on all platforms to call this one done. Please test and let us know your
> results. This won't get out until people step up and test.

RHEL 6 looks good, including ffmpeg.

I do have to finesse osgmovie into using the ffmpeg plugin for loading
and playing .mov and .avi files (possibly others, but that's what I
tested).  I either have to LD_PRELOAD osgdb_ffmpeg.so, or specify -e
ffmpeg on the command line.  I expect this is known behavior, but I just
wanted to make sure.

--"J"