[osg-users] State changes causing huge drop in framerate

Fred Smith osgforum at tevs.eu
Thu Apr 7 09:39:53 PDT 2011

hybr,

I am not running a debug build.

Just create a scene graph with 100 geometries, and attach a texture attribute to the stateset of each geometry. Now compare the framerate with the same scene graph, no stateset created, but a draw callback set up inside which you call renderInfo.getState()->applyTextureAttribute(0, texture).

Making me believe the state 'diff' engine of OSG is very slow.

I disable display lists and enable VBOs on each geometry otherwise drawImplementation or the draw callback is not called.

Cheers,
Fred

Read this topic online here: