[osg-users] OSG and OpenGL ES 2.0

Ankur Gandhi ank.gandhi at tcs.com
Thu Apr 7 05:25:53 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your input and source code that you shared. I had tried your program however my application crashes with segmentation fault. when i check backtrace, it shows crashing point at the drivers (i am using intel i915 display).

actually I am pretty new to OpenGL & OpenGL ES too. so concept of Shader is new to me. So i think i need to go through shader first! :-) Also, i used OpenGL emulation for OSG build. now i think i will try by installing OpenGL ES library and perform build for actual GLES2.

I will update you soon regarding my activities.

Thanks again for help!

Regards/Ankur

Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just one addition to my previous post: Normally you wouldn't define an extra vertex attribute array for the vertex color/normal as I did in this test code. Just use
>
> void Geometry::setColorArray(Array* array);
> void Geometry::setNormalArray(Array* array);
>
> and access the vertex color/normal in the vertex shader via "osg_Color" and "osg_Normal" (OSG will do the mapping for you).
>
> Cheers,
> Christian

Read this topic online here: