[osg-users] ATI driver quality?

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:55:41 PDT 2011

Chris,

We regularly test osgEarth against ATI cards. For the most part things work
fine; there are a couple issues though:

- The GLSL compiler on ATI is strict, whereas NVIDIA's is very forgiving.
Not a bad thing, but underscores the importance of testing on ATI

- Uniform array addressing is handled differently, so you have to account
for that in the code. As far as I can tell, ATI's scheme is compliant, but
OSG does not support it directly.

- A couple things I haven't gotten to work on ATI, particularly the sky node
(stars/sun); have not figured that one out yet...

Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping / 703.652.4791 / @glennwaldron