[osg-users] [vpb] osgdem .asc file seems to build terrain backwards?

tim paige tim.paige at cox.net
Tue Apr 5 06:53:44 PDT 2011

Hi Tim,

I just wanted to get back with you on your problem...
It seems that I found a reason for the relative "backwardsness" of the terrain display from the ASC file downloaded. I tried all kinds of settings I didn't understand and finally hit one that worked.

And... one mentioned in UserGuides/osgdem... Coordinate Tips

I tried entering the parameters suggested for Latitude (X Axis), Longitude (X Axis) and Altitude coordinate system in units of degrees with...

--cs "+proj=latlong +datum= WGS84"

Adding that to my command line for osgdem cured the 180 degree reversals in East/West North/South that I was experiencing...

I've seemed to have lost a good deal of resolution in the difference, so I am going to try one of the others and see what happens...

'Till then...
I'll be getting even more coordinated.... and...

Even more cheers,
tim

Read this topic online here: