[osg-users] [build] Cross Compile OpenThreads

Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Mon Apr 4 04:51:21 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

"Peter Watson" writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for that information, I have got a bit further now with the
> help of your link. I used ccmake to configure the CMakeLists.txt. I
> find that I can cross compile OpenThreads but not the rest of the OSG,
> which is as you suggest.
>
> Our code includes from the build machine install locations rather than
> the OSG build location so I guess I need to run a make install on my
> OSG with openthreads cross-compiled. However this does not actualy
> seem to update the OpenThreads files in /usr/include or
> usr/local/include.

Yes -- the install target depends on all the rest of OSG, so you would
need to compile it first. However, you can tweak the building system to
bypass that issue: open src/CMakeLists.txt and, in the line reading
FOREACH, erase all lines except for the OpenThreads one. That way you
could make use of the install target.

The other way is to manually copy the files from your build directory.

--
Alberto