[osg-users] LOD Node

Martin Haffner struct at gmx.net
Sun Apr 3 09:59:28 PDT 2011

I think I know what you mean. You said a LOD node is meant to be used with roughly the same geometry and I feared it would be a problem to add the geometry of a road segment and all the trees under the same node since the tree bounding spheres differ a lot from the road segment bounding sphere.

But I guess thats no problem because the road segment sphere is so huge it roughly encases all the "little" tree bounding spheres and thus the group node bounding sphere of the road and the trees would roughly be of the size of the road sphere. Thus the trees would not change the LOD behaviour very much. Is this right?

Read this topic online here: