[osg-users] LOD Node

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Sun Apr 3 08:32:08 PDT 2011

On 4/3/2011 9:27 AM, Martin Haffner wrote:
> Thanks for your fast reply!
> Ok, lets say I have 2 matrix transform nodes. One makes a huge translate to the right (x axis) and the other a huge translation fo the left. Each matrix transform node has one geode as a child, which renders a tree.
> If I add these 2 matrix transform to a LOD node (at ranges (0,100) and (100,1000)), then the following happens: The bounding spheres of the geodes are propagated upwards to the matrix transform nodes. The bounding spheres are again propagated upwards to the LOD node and a new big sphere is computed with encloses both bounding spheres (in other words: the LOD node now has a huge sphere that encases both tree bounding spheres).
> The distances (0,100,1000) always mean: The distance from the camera to the center of the LOD sphere.
> Is this correct?

  I think so.

  But, I could be wrong. It should be pretty easy to put some breakpoints inside the LOD
code and watch exactly what happens.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.