[osg-users] LOD Node

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Sun Apr 3 07:42:34 PDT 2011

On 4/3/2011 8:36 AM, Martin Haffner wrote:
> The values 0.0f, 5.0f and FLT_MAX are all camera distances, but I wonder from which reference point? Are these values the distance from the camera to the bounding sphere center of the individual geodes? Or are these the distances from the camera to the LOD node itself?
> If the second is true: Do I have to set the position of the LOD node or is the position just the center of a sphere that encases all child nodes?

  I believe the second case is correct. And the LOD node's position, by default, is the
center of the auto-generated bounding sphere as you theorized. I think you can manually
set the position and bounding sphere of the LOD Node.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.