[osg-users] Site localization equations for RTK GPS

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Sat Apr 2 15:14:19 PDT 2011

On 4/2/2011 11:09 AM, Brett wrote:
> I was wondering if any of the equations or libraries used with osg or vpb allow the user
> to perform site calibration / localization for RTK GPS.  ie. I am trying to create a
> transform to convert WGS84 coordinates into a local Cartesian coordinate system based on
> matching 3 or more GPS survey points with locally defined / measured points.  The local
> points are in a localized 'flat' coordinate system.  This may require calculating a local
> 'datum' using something like a Molodensky or Bursa-Wolf transform.  I am looking for
> information to develop these equations or some open-source software to perform this
> calculation.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

  You're more in the domain of GDAL and such there. OSG and VPB are just for displaying
data, not really for processing it in the way you need.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.