[osg-users] Y up to Z up

Jason Daly jdaly at ist.ucf.edu
Fri Apr 1 08:38:36 PDT 2011

On 04/01/2011 08:36 AM, Aitor Ardanza wrote:
> <snip>  Sorry but I need to disconnect with this issue until Monday...
> I haven't gotten ​​the animations work well, even putting "Y up" or with the formula R' = M * R * Minv...
> On Monday I will try to summarize all my tests with pictures and videos ...

I can sympathize  :-)  It took me a week to get a tracking system with a
Z-down/X forward coordinate system to play well with my Z-up/Y-forward apps.

Getting different coordinate systems to play well together is probably
one of the hardest things to get right.  Fortunately, you just have to
get it right once, then you can put the code inside a black box and
never look at it again  :-)

--"J"