[osg-users] OSG on iPhone (size?)

Thomas Hogarth thomas.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:06:04 PDT 2011

Hi All

I've been spending the last few hours trying to save some extra KB off of my final exe size onIOS.

In the end I got my final exe from nearly 10 MB down to 3.T MB, sweet ay

I'm using OpenThreads, osg, osgUtil, osgGA, osgViewer, osgDB, depreciated osg pugin and imageio plugin.

The trick has been firstly build the osg libs with Optimization set to Fastest-Smallest.

Then I set my exe to build for ARM 7 only, this way you basically half the exe size. Bear in mind though that ARM 7 chips are only in 3GS and above

One other tip is to only draw in the parts of the plugins you need e.g. I load Texture2D from files, but i don't tend to load Texture1D
//USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER(Texture1D)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER(Texture2D)

Cheers
Thomas