[osg-users] OSG 2.8.5 stable release discussion

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Wed Apr 20 09:41:17 PDT 2011

  I'd like to open the discussion about a possible 2.8.5 release.

  I'll preface this by saying, don't request improvements unless you're willing to chip in
to get them done, or help someone else get them done. ;)

  These are some of the improvements that have been proposed by a small group of my
associates:

* NOTIFY_WARN (& etc) macros to ease backporting (added to trunk pre-2.8.3).
* 3DS writer fixes (4/8/10 and others).
* FLT writer fixes for multitexture (11/19/10).
* Really most any of the plugins could be updated.
* Support for Texture2DMultisample (4/9/10).
* Bump version / SO numbers.

  Nothing is set in stone here, and we're not yet sure anyone is willing to take on any of
these tasks.

  Discuss?

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.