[osg-users] FrameBufferObject problems on OSG 2.9.11

Paul Palumbo paul1492 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 07:39:42 PDT 2011

I've recently switched my application from 2.9.9 to 2.9.12 and now I'm having FrameBufferObject problems (there seems to have been recent changes in this area).

The problem can be replicated in osgprerender example with a few minor changes (see attached). These changes simple "recreate" the viewer after hitting the escape key rather than simply exiting the executable. These errors (constantly displayed) started showing up once the viewer is displayed the second time:
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after RenderBin::draw(..)
 I do not have this problem with OSG 2.9.9 and 2.9.10 but do have this problem with 2.9.11 and 2.9.12 when using this same exact test program.

I'm running this version of osgprerender example with the --fbo option but I believe this is the default option.

Are you sure that these FBOs are being created correctly in OSG >= 2.9.10?

Paul Palumbo

Read this topic online here: