[osg-users] VSync & Linux & NVidia

Lv Qing donlvqing at msn.com
Sat Apr 16 18:40:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem with NVidia hardware on Linux, it's not directly OSG related, but I hope someone here can help me.

Here is my setup :

linux
NVidia GTX 260 graphic cards

I have already enable "Sync to VBlank" in the Nvidia-settings.Every  time  I first start the computer and run the osg applicaiton,the VSync seemes not effect,the fps is about 100.

Then I re-enter in the Nvidia-settings,just click the exit button and do nothing else.Then I restart the osg applicaiton ,the VSync works well ,the fps is about 60.It is OK since then until I restart the computer  next time.

Strange,is it?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Lv