[osg-users] osg and mpi

sebastien gerin overseb777 at hotmail.fr
Wed Apr 13 07:37:16 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am currently trying to make a multi cluster osg application.
I am using MPI (message passing interface) for the communication stuff between the cluster's node.
To run a mpi application, I have to use a command like
> mpiexec -n 1 myOsgApp.exe
 to run an application (here myOsgApp will be launched locally). myOsgApp is an simple osg viewer compiled on windows with 2.8.3 version.

When I execute this command I've got this error :

> Win32WindowingSystem::getScreenInformation() - The screen identifier on the Win32 platform must always use display number 0.because it does not exist

It seems that the osg viewer cannot interrogate some windows parameters to build the graphical window when an osg application is launched with a mpiexec context.

Do someone has already try to use osg and mpi ? Do you have any ideas for this problem ?

Thank you for any answers

Cheers,
sebastien

Read this topic online here: