[osg-users] [build] cmake build questions

Gianni Ambrosio gambr at vi-grade.com
Mon Apr 11 06:47:54 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I'm trying to build OSG 2.9.11 with cmake on windows to integrate it in our build system. I can build osg libs and dlls correctly but I need a couple of more options.

1) I would like the generated lib files to be put in a specific directory.

At the moment I run from a build directory (out of source build) the command:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G "NMake Makefiles" ../OpenSceneGraph-2.9.11

then I call:
nmake osg osgDB osgViewer osgGA osgText osgUtil osgWidget

But each lib is built in its folder (i.e. build\src\OpenThreads\win32\OpenThreads.lib)
I also tried to use CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY and CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY in vain.

2) I would need to use 3rd party libs such zlib, libjpeg, libpng and freetype to build some plug-ins. What should I add in cmake command line?

Regards
Gianni

Read this topic online here: