[osg-users] Multiple Render Targets & Multisampling

Anthousis Andreadis anthousis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:39:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

Has anyone tried to do any advanced* multisampled post effect using osg?
If yes, I would like to know the "best osg path" to achieve this.

*deferred rendered for example

I have tried to attach a texture to a camera along with the multipleSamples and multisampleColorSamples values.

This works ONLY when i have one rendertarget. In all other cases in the final compositing shader,
i see only the first (and not the 2nd 3rd etc ) render target. The other render targets are not black, but they appear overwritten with the contents of the first render target.

On the other hand i see the osgfpdepth example and it has a completely different approach to the subject, almost handling manually fbos and rendertargets.

I tried searching on the mailing list for this subject, but almost all discussions seem to stop without a final result at about 2 years ago.

Tnx for your time,

Anthousis Andreadis
anthousis at gmail.com