[osg-users] Stop osgGA::TrackballManipulator spinning

George Bekos bekosftw at live.com
Wed Apr 6 11:23:42 PDT 2011

Hello guys,

You all know that a trackball camera manipulator, by default, will start spinning the camera around if you release the mouse button while moving the mouse.
I have a simple/silly question:
Is there any way to stop the spinning of the camera using code?
The only solution I can think of is to create my own class which inherits TrackballManipulator and add a function like this:

void TrackballManipulator::enableThrown( bool flag ) {
   _thrown = flag;
}

Is this solution fine? is there something wrong with it? Is there any better solution? Thanks for your time guys!!!

Cheers,
George

PS: I am using OSG 2.9.8

Read this topic online here: