[osg-users] Building DICOM plugin with DCMTK

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Wed Apr 6 10:48:38 PDT 2011

  I'm investigating osgVolume and the DICOM plugin for a client, and am having trouble
building the DICOM plugin on Windows, VC++2008 (SVN trunk from a couple months back:
12159, 5:11:17 AM, Friday, February 11, 2011). I built dcmtk-3.6.0 successfully, and then
configured all the DCMTK include and lib settings in CMake.

  For example:
DCMTK_dcmdata_INCLUDE_DIR = C:/Data/OSGDev/Volume/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmtk-3.6.0/dcmdata/include

I presume all of them are necessary. I then generated the solution.

  When I go to build ReaderWriterDICOM.cpp, it fails with:
1>.\ReaderWriterDICOM.cpp(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'dcmtk/dcmdata/dcfilefo.h': No such file or directory

  I have the file:
C:\Data\OSGDev\Volume\dcmtk-3.6.0\dcmtk-3.6.0\dcmdata\include\dcmtk\dcmdata\dcfilefo.h

  In the Additional Include Directories for the Plugins Dicom Project in VC++ I see:
C:\Data\OSGDev\Volume\dcmtk-3.6.0\dcmtk-3.6.0\include

  But I don't see any include for
C:\Data\OSGDev\Volume\dcmtk-3.6.0\dcmtk-3.6.0\dcmdata\include
which should have been DCMTK_dcmdata_INCLUDE_DIR

  Has anyone built the DICOM plugin on Windows recently? Am I missing something dumb?

  I'm not actually married to the DICOM plugin, it just seems like that's the only way to
get any sample volume data into osgVolume so I can test what I'm really after. If there's
a sample dataset someone can point me to that wouldn't necessitate using the DICOM plugin,
I'd be happy to avoid the issue altogether.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting. Contracting.