[osg-users] osgDB ifstream / ofstream conflict

Vincent Bourdier vincent.bourdier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:36:57 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've an issue concerning the std::ifstream in my application.
I know that I need to use osgDB::ifstream instead of std::ifstream and I
did everywhere in my code.
But, my project links with an other lib than OSG, and this library is
using std::ifstream and std::ofstream, and this results in thing like
that (using VS2010 and OSG 2.8.3) :

2>TsLib_MDdNET2010.lib(IwPoly.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: void
__thiscall std::basic_ifstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
 >::close(void)"
(?close@?$basic_ifstream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ) already
defined in osgDBd.lib(osg65-osgDBd.dll)
2>TsLib_MDdNET2010.lib(IwBrepData.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: void
__thiscall std::basic_ifstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
 >::close(void)"
(?close@?$basic_ifstream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ) already
defined in osgDBd.lib(osg65-osgDBd.dll)

Do you have any suggestion to fix this issue ?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
    Vincent.