[osg-users] LOD Node

Martin Haffner struct at gmx.net
Sun Apr 3 07:36:18 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have a question about the LOD node:
Lets say I have 2 Geods and add them to a LOD node:

Code:
osg :: ref_ptr < osg :: LOD > lod = new osg :: LOD ;
lod->addChild(geode1, 0.0f, 5.0 f);
lod->addChild(geode2, 5.0f, FLT_MAX );

The values 0.0f, 5.0f and FLT_MAX are all camera distances, but I wonder from which reference point? Are these values the distance from the camera to the bounding sphere center of the individual geodes? Or are these the distances from the camera to the LOD node itself?
If the second is true: Do I have to set the position of the LOD node or is the position just the center of a sphere that encases all child nodes?

Thanks!

Read this topic online here: