[osg-users] Y up to Z up

Aitor Ardanza aitoraltube at terra.es
Fri Apr 1 05:36:42 PDT 2011

Jason Daly wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 09:35 AM, Paul Martz wrote:
>
> > Rotate 90 degrees around the x axis (or -90, depends on right- versus
> > left-handed coordinates; try one, then the other, to see which one works).
> >
> > This is not a secret. :-) There is plenty of OSG code that does this. Most of
> > the OSG plugins support an option to transform from a y-up to z-up convention.
> > -Paul
> >

> Also, if you're trying to rotate an orientation (not just a point), you
> may need to use this form instead:
>
> R' = M * R * Minv
>
> Where M is the matrix to rotate from Z-up to Y-up, Minv is the inverse
> of M, and R is the rotation in the foreign coordinate system.
> Essentially, the idea is to rotate to the Kinect's coordinate system,
> apply the Kinect's rotation, then rotate back to your application's
> coordinate system.  It's a bit counterintuitive, but that's how the math
> works out.
>
> --"J"

>  ------------------
> Post generated by Mail2Forum

Hi again!
I shit on the fucking matrices! Sorry but I need to disconnect with this issue until Monday...
I haven't gotten ​​the animations work well, even putting "Y up" or with the formula R' = M * R * Minv...
On Monday I will try to summarize all my tests with pictures and videos ...
one thing that caught my attention was that opening the sinbad model, which uses the example of ogre, with blender is that Z is up.
I have to look better for example code if the model is rotated at some point...
[Image: http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/7167/sinbad.jpg ]

Read this topic online here: