[osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:37:40 PDT 2009

Hi Jan,

I wasn't trying to suggest the OSG as the specific solution to the
AutoCAD/Sketch3D graphics programming woes, but making a parallel between
the role of scene graph that SGI used to promote as a solution to making
better use of hardware, and the role that the OSG has today.

Although we don't get promoted buy the hardware vendors in this role, save
for being part of the OpenGL "SDK".

The wider issue of having poorly educated/informed engineers making it out
into industry, well the best we can do is help make the OSG attractive as
solution for schools and universities and hobbiests, as well as companies.

Robert.