[osg-users] vpbmaster freeze on windows

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 01:13:03 PDT 2009

Hi Gert,

Rather misleading subject line you got there... freeze isn't quite the same
as exit cleanly reporting errors.  The blacklisting is done by vpbmaster to
prevent the whole build being killed by a single machine that is failing for
whatever reason.

The errors reported as very likely down to osgdem not being on your path, so
when vpbmaster attempts to invoke it it fails.  osgdem is the tool that does
the actual database building, vpbmaster is the high level too breaks the
overall database build down into tasks that are they given to osgdem to run,
either on the local machine or across a cluster.

As general note I'd have to recommend running VPB on a unix system as the
file system performance under windows sucks for this type or work.

Robert.