[osg-users] Disabling node

Guy guy at dvp.co.il
Sun Mar 29 22:51:10 PDT 2009

Hi Julia,
 I know that usually my suggestions for your problems doesn't work
but...
I can think of two solutions, the first is avoiding the problem you have
by instead of adding sub-geometries under the parent geometry node, add
the children under the parent transformation node, and then you can
disable the geometry, but the transformation will still be active (and
so does the children).

The second solution might be overriding the cull function, so your
objects will be culled by your flag condition, but I don't know if
culling continues to children when the parent is culled. I believe it
should continue to children since paent objects could be outside the
viewing frustum while they children inside.

Btw, did you have success with blurring objects edges?

Guy.

----------

Hi,

how can I disable a node so that it is not rendered but it's children
are still rendered?
I had a look at setting the node mask but that effects children too.

My specific problem is I am using an osgManipulator dragger and want to
be able to toggle on/off its geometry but maintain its transformation on
any children.

Thank you.
Julia

(I asked a similar but more general question
(http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=9339) last week but
didn't manage to attract a response. So I'm hoping this more specific
question gets feedback.)

Read this topic online here: