[osg-users] Getting model's direction vector from MatrixTransform?

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Sun Mar 29 16:35:52 PDT 2009

The upper left 3x3 of the local to world matrix is the orthonormal basis for
the current orientation of the car. If the car is modeled so that the front
of the car is positive X, then the current direction vector is just the
first three elements of the local to world matrix. You can get the local to
world matrix from the MatrixTransform.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>