[osg-users] [osgPPU] build osgPPU

Guy guy at dvp.co.il
Thu Mar 26 08:00:40 PDT 2009

Hmm... never mind, it fails on the first call but not on the second, so
I patched it with calling until success and it seems to work. Maybe when
I'm more familiar with CUDA I'll write smarter code.

Thanks anyway,
 Guy.

----------
I tried to run the osgppu_cuda example. It fails in the cudakernel
ProcessingModule in the function beginAndProcess in the call for
cudaGLRegisterBufferObject. The PBO unit index is 1 which suppose to be
fine I think. Any idea why would it fail?

Thanks,
 Guy.

----------

Hi Guy,

Guy wrote:

> Now everything works.
>
> I actually needed the OSG_GEN_DIR since it is where the Config files
> are.

You can checkout the newest version. I have removed everything which is
not needed for proper ppu build. There are now much less configuration
cmake variables, which make sin better understandable.

> I had installed CUDA. It is strange that it didn't find the utils
> libraries, since all other CUDA related stuff it did found...

This is because the CUDA utils can be found in the CUDA SDK and not in
the cuda binary installation. Hence, it could be that your CUDA SDK is
just installed in some other path. I have removed also that stuff from
CMake files, because this is currently not used by the cuda ppu example
at all.

Cheers,
art

Read this topic online here: