[osg-users] How to remove the blue background color

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:28:11 PDT 2009

Hi Corry,

2009/3/25 Cory Riddell <cory at codeware.com>

>  Yun's suggestion allows you to replace the blue color with another solid
> color.
>
> If you want an image (I want a gradient), do something similar to osgHUD,
> except draw first rather than last to put the image behind everything else.

The osghud or osgdistortion example are good places to start.  You bascially
want one Camera to draw the background image, then another camera to draw
the main 3D scene.  The first Camera will need to have it's RenderOrder to
PRE_RENDER and for it to ClearMask so that is clears the depth and colour
buffer, then the second Camera to have it's ClearMask set to just clear the
depth buffer.