[osg-users] Google's summer of code

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Wed Mar 25 12:19:49 PDT 2009

This got buried in in inbox.

A couple projects I can name off the top of my head:
 * Take advantage of OSG's new interface for querying plugins, and
completely flesh it out for each plugin, so that "osgconv --formats"
produces correct and useful output for each plugin. This task primarily
involves documenting all the supported Options.
 * Create a set of classes equivalent to the existing Shape Drawables but
derive them from Geometry instead of directly from Drawable.

OK those are both pretty boring. How about this instead:

 * Add support for OpenGL 3.0, 3.0 forward-compatible, and 3.1 contexts to
osgViewer for all platforms (WGL, GLX, etc.). (Sven Panne and I recently did
this work for freeglut, so you could use that as a model.) This task
shouldn't take more than a couple days.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com