[osg-users] [3rdparty] osgModeling 0.1.1 released - subdivision supported

Steve Gifford steve.gifford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:13:25 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Martin Beckett <mgb at mgbeckett.com> wrote:
> Wang Rui,
> Were you planning to extend osgModelling to include generating surfaces from point clouds?
> The current DelaunayTriangulator is a bit limited. It generates surfaces with triangles that sometimes go through the surface, it seems to only be able to handle convex shapes and you can't specify boundaries.
>
> Is anyone thinking of improving DelaunayTriangulator into a full surface meshing tool? Should I look at making the GTS lib into a plugin?

I've just wrapped up an app that uses GTS so I'll throw in my two cents.

It's better than DelaunayTriangulator, but it's still very limited in
its support of constraint edges.  I ended up taking a hybrid approach
I won't go into here.
GTS is a better triangulator, though, so it might be worth wrapping.
One problem is that it's very old school objected oriented C, which
may not mesh well with OSG.  Or my brain for that matter.  Ow.

-Steve Gifford