[osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.mil
Wed Mar 25 08:29:07 PDT 2009

Paul,

In answer to your question, the answer is no, it can't.

I appreciate what OpenGL can do in terms of its extensions but that isn't
what my response was in reference to. I was asking Robert if he was implying
that D3D is not backwards compatible in his earlier comment...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:20 AM
To: 'OpenSceneGraph Users'
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

Does that D3D 3.0 app get access to any new features?

OpenGL 3.1 adds new ARB extensions to OpenGL 2.1, so that old OpenGL apps
(even OpenGL 1.0 apps) running on an OpenGL 2.1 implementation can access
new features analogous to those found in OpenGL 3.1.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com
+1 303 859 9466