[osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.mil
Wed Mar 25 08:07:51 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:53 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

>With OpenGL you can migrate steadily from one rev to the next, an
application written back in 1992 is still >runable today, if you your
application lives any period of time - like successful software does then
longivity >is good thing.

Robert,

Are you implying that the current D3D is not backwards compatible with
previous versions? I believe that a current D3D application can query
earlier versions of the D3D interface through COM. A D3D 3.0 application can
still run under D3D 10.0 as I understand it...

-Shayne