[osg-users] Proxy auto-config (PAC) support

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 05:50:21 PDT 2009

Hi Glenn,

2009/3/25 Glenn Waldron <gwaldron at gmail.com>

> That's an idea -- make a ".js" plugin that loads a javascript file and runs
> a function. We could pass in params using the plugin options, and use
> readObject() to return ... not sure what. Then the CURL plugin could detect
> a PAC file and read it w/ the JS plugin. Anyway I like the idea of a JS
> plugin but it's not clear what the interface would look like.

A PAC plugin that uses something like pacparse would be more straight
forward.  A full javescript plugin/support is rather more open ended.  It
would be interesting to have general javascript support, especially for
webbrowser integration, but this is whole topic in itself and well beyond
the scope of a plugin.