[osg-users] Proxy auto-config (PAC) support

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:03:12 PDT 2009

Hi Glenn, Philip et. al,

2009/3/25 Glenn Waldron <gwaldron at gmail.com>

> PAC requires javascript right?  You could make it so the curl plugin
>> optionally depends upon a javascript engine and if it's there it solves for
>> the proper proxy to use.
>>

> That would be the idea, yes. In particular I was looking at pacparser (http://code2009/3/24
> Philip Lowman < <http://code.google.com/p/pacparser>philip at yhbt.com>

I really don't know anything about this particular topic, neither much about
proxies or java script... but a few thoughts about the possible integration
side.

First up I'd suggest that if possible one should decouple the extra java
script based proxy support from the plugin as we don't want a simple plugin
with modest dependencies becoming burden with optional dependencies, as it'd
mean that the plugin behaves differently in different builds.   Might it be
possible to decouple the Java script/PAC support completely.  Perhaps via
another plugin?  Perhaps via Registry::ReadFileCallback?  Or at the
application level?