[osg-users] Build Error on Windows

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Tue Mar 24 19:53:39 PDT 2009

2009/3/24 Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com>

> Mark,On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Mark Sciabica <msciabica at itracs.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Let me spell out specifically a sequence of events that will lead to a
>> problem.
>>

> Let me spell out... please read my previous email...  If you feel that you
> want to disable this default behaviour then please add an option into the
> CMakeLists.txt file, and then submit this to me to merge.

Can someone explain to me what the compilation behavior actually does?

Assuming libosg.so or osg.dll is found, that means that the folder
containing these is already in ld.so.conf or PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
correct?

The plugin search policy searches for plugins with files with a path
appended, like osgPlugins-x.y.z/the_osg_plugin.dll.  Wouldn't it
automatically find the plugins folder due to the behavior of dlopen() and
LoadLibrary() and not need a compiled hint?

Clearly I'm missing a case here or something.

--
Philip Lowman